Important Information About Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Attention First Choice VIP Care Plus members and providers:
In response to coronavirus disease (COVID-19), South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster has declared a state of emergency for South Carolina. First Choice VIP Care Plus remains committed to serving the needs of our members and providers. Here is some important information about getting care during the state of emergency.
The Nurse Advice Call Line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at
1-855-843-1147 (TTY 711). If you have an emergency, please dial 911.
If you are trying to reach us by phone, you may experience longer than usual hold times. Please know your call is important to us, and we thank you for your patience.
Please note that normal prior authorization requirements for medical services and prescription drugs will be relaxed for the duration of the declared state of emergency to ensure member needs are met:
- Members may refill their regular medications earlier than usual to ensure a sufficient supply.
- Use of out-of-network pharmacies is authorized when access to in-network pharmacies is unavailable or when traveling to in-network pharmacies is difficult, unsafe, or not practical. Please note that First Choice VIP Care Plus members can access a large network of pharmacies (including CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Walmart, and others) in any state.
- All requests for emergency inpatient hospital admissions, as well as admissions to skilled nursing facilities, nursing facilities, and rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities, will be approved by the plan as needed.
- All urgent outpatient procedures requiring prior authorizations will be approved by the plan as needed.
- Essential medical supplies and equipment for those members impacted will be approved by the plan, as needed.
- Use of Medicare-certified out-of-network and/or out-of-state providers will be allowed for medically necessary services.
- Providers, please note that administrative denials for late notification will be waived at this time.
- Medically necessary emergency care will be covered. If you are having an emergency, please call 911 or seek medical attention immediately.
We will provide further information and updates, as they become available.
Important numbers and resources
First Choice VIP Care Plus Member Services: 1-888-978-0862 (TTY 711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
24/7 Nurse Call Line: 1-855-843-1147 (TTY 711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
First Choice VIP Care Plus prior authorization:
- 1-888-244-5410 (phone)
- 1-888-257-7960 (fax)
For up-to-date information on the coronavirus and COVID-19, visit the CDC's website.