Search for a Prescription Drug
Drug list (formulary)
A comprehensive formulary is a complete list of drugs, or prescriptions, that a plan covers. First Choice VIP Care Plus (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) will generally cover the drugs listed in our formulary as long as the drugs are medically necessary. The prescription also needs to be filled at a network pharmacy, and other plan rules need to be followed. For more information on how to fill your prescriptions, see the First Choice VIP Care Plus Member Handbook (PDF).
The drug list has been reviewed and approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the agency that administers the Medicare program. Medications on the drug list are Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved and have been chosen for their reported medical effectiveness and value. The drug list is updated at times throughout the year, and the list of drugs may change.
First Choice VIP Care Plus covers both brand name drugs and generic drugs. Generic drugs have the same active-ingredients as brand name drugs. Generic drugs usually cost less than brand name drugs and are rated by the (FDA) to be as safe and effective as brand name drugs.
Want regular information about your pharmacy benefits? Look for your monthly Explanation of Pharmacy Benefits in the mail.
First Choice VIP Care Plus 2023 drug list (formulary)
- Search the online drug list
- Printable drug list - English PDF April 5, 2023
- Printable drug list - Spanish PDF May 2, 2023
- Machine-readable list of covered drugs (is in accordance with CMS standard) JSON May 18, 2023
- Prior authorization criteria PDF June 1, 2023
- Step therapy criteria PDF June 1, 2023
- Prescription drug frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Answers to common questions like "What if my drug is not on the drug list?" and "What are over-the-counter (OTC) drugs?"
- Find a pharmacy
Drug list updates
- View and/or print the drug list updates PDF June 1, 2023
- Preferred diabetic supplies PDF
Please find updates to Preferred Diabetic Supplies effective May 10, 2023. For questions, please contact Member Services at 1-888-978-0862 (TDD/TTY 711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.